The first SMART Energy Demand forum was held on 5th February 2013 at the MLC Centre Sydney.
Providing an opportunity to discuss the real issues relating to energy demand from leaders in the field ensured the event numbers reached capacity.
The event outlined the importance of accurately assessing future high level policy options for energy demand, as this will ultimately assist in understanding the implications, and allow better management of, the effects of the falling overall demand, rising peak demand and rising prices in the energy sector.
Presentations a panel discussion and Q&A session were delivered by our presenters, who included:
- Mr Les Hosking, non-executive Director of AGL Energy Ltd, Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO), Innovation Australia and Chairman of Adelaide Brighton Ltd and The Carbon Market Institute
- Mr Steven Graham, Chief Executive, Australian Energy Market Commission
- Mr Ed Willett, Commissioner Australian Competition and Consumer Commission, and Board Member of the Australian Energy Regulator
- Professor Henry Ergas, Professor of Infrastructure Economics, SMART Infrastructure Facility, University of Wollongong
- Mr Garry Bowditch, CEO, SMART Infrastructure Facility, University of Wollongong
With the event proving a great success, plans will shortly be underway for the 2014 event.
To access presentations from the SMART Energy Demand Forum 2013, please go to http://www.slideshare.net/smart_facility/smart-energy-demand-forum.