- Are you in your third or fourth year of study?
- Do you want to develop communication, leadership and problem-solving skills?
- Do you want to share your knowledge and support your fellow students?
If you answered yes to all of the above, then apply to become a peer mentor. Applications are open now.
Program coordinator Katie Roberts said “after the success of the program last session, the Faculty of Engineering and Information Sciences are seeking mentors to help first year students ease into the Spring session”.
“Participants from last semester had many positive comments, with some forging friendships outside of the program,” she said.
What to expect:
- Mentors receive resources and guidelines to support them
- Mentors / mentees decide on their own schedule
- A combination of remote mentoring and face to face mentoring.
“We ask that mentors are actively checking in with students and that they will spending 1-2 hours per week mentoring,” Katie said.
This program is UOWx recognised. Applications close 7 August 2020.
If you have any questions regarding the program please contact Kinne at email@example.com or Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org